Passing through schist village Aldeia da Figueira, we will participate in the production of bread in a communitarian wood oven, do a relaxing walk at the village and then have lunch tasting the bread you have done and some regional food. Accommodation is set in historical village of Castelo Rodrigo, with a night visit to the prehistoric rupestrian engravings at Vale do Côa.
After an exquisite regional breakfast, we will do a pedestrian walk of about 2,5 hours (low difficulty) and afterwards we will enjoy an exclusive boat trip on International Douro. Lunch will be picnic style at Barca d’Alva, with regional food. After a wine tasting experience and a nice dinner, the accommodation at Régua will give you a nice rest near the Douro Valley, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We will enjoy a cooking activity making medieval cuscos (better known as couscous) with Mrs. Lurdes, one of the few women who still prepare it. Lunch will be family style with homemade regional chouriço, alheira, bread, cuscos with bacalhau and more, in Montesinho Natural Park. We will walk from Paçó to Vinhais Biological Park enjoying the local fauna, flora and landscape, for about 1 hour (low difficulty walking tour), and visit the park. Dinner will be served in Vila Real and we will return to another relaxing night at Régua.
You will do a cruise down the Douro River while you taste a delightful lunch and wine and then visit the Oporto Wine Cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia. You will enjoy evening and night freely, to discover typical site of Ribeira in Oporto, its restaurants and some night life. Accommodation will be in this city, not far from Ribeira.
Even if you are not a coffee or book lover, you will surely appreciate Lello Bookstore and Majestic Café, two Oporto ex-libris. Afterwards, we will visit the Roman Historic Site in Conimbriga and have lunch there, from where we will depart to Rio Maior. Dinner will be familiar style, purposefully prepared for you with regional magusto in an organic production farm in this Ribatejo region. Accommodation will be set in Rio Maior.
After visiting the organic farm and have a calm walk on its Mediterranean forest, we will visit an important salt mine from the Roman and early Portugal times. This inland Salinas are located in Aire and Candeeiros Mountains Natural Park and provide salt obtained from sweet water becoming 7 times saltier than sea water! You will have a hands-on activity, making and tasting typical filhoses and grandma’s coffee. At night, we will have dinner while listening Lisbon’s most typical sounds – Fado. Accommodation will be set in Parque das Nações, in Lisbon.
From Parque das Nações we will enjoy the Lisbon way of life visiting the city walking and by bus, subway or tram, as any Alfacinha in its day-to-day life. While visiting the 7 Hills City, we will let you know why it realy does not have 7 hills and lead you to the scent of bifanas, the taste of ginginha and the old pastéis de nata, to meet Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower, ex-libris Rossio Train Station and the typical neighborhoods of Alfama and Bairro Alto. Dinner will be at group’s choice (from a list of predefined restaurants that we will provide you) in Parque das Nações. Accomodation will be set in Parque das Nações, too.
Return to Lisbon airport (or nearby location, by request).
Northwards Tours are of eight nights and include the following activities:
– Night visit to Rupestrian paintings of Vale do Côa with a specialized guide
– Culinary activity in traditional family style (except in September), with lunch or hands-on harvesting and traditional wine production in Douro (only in September)
– Visits to wine production and organic farms in three agricultural regions (Alentejo, Douro e Ribatejo)
– Traditional bread making with locals in a small typical village
– Boat cruise down the Douro River from Régua to Oporto (6 hours), with lunch
– Exclusive boat trip in Natural Park of International Douro (app. 2 hours)
– Visit to Roman historic site in Conimbriga
– Traditional family style meal at Rio Maior organic farm
– Visit to Rio Maior salinas
– Dinner with Lisbon fado
We will meet you at Lisbon International Airport (9 am) or nearby local (upon request and to schedule), and return to Lisbon International Airport (or nearby local) on the morning of the 9th day. We can suggest accommodation if you arrive earlier to Lisbon. You can contact us for more details
– Eight nights in unique lodging accommodations including the regions of Alentejo, Douro, Porto and Ribatejo in double bedroom
– All meals*, including personalized meals with local culinary traditions and ingredients and wine experiences
– All visits and activities fees
– Personalized guide service
– In country transportation
– Insurances (liability and group personal accident)
– 2% contribution to humanitarian/environmental associations
– VAT (23%)
* Except dinner at Oporto (free night and dinner)
Price per person – 4.198 € (single room occupancy supplement – 400 €, by request)
Group discount – 2 to 4 people: 5% per person; 5 to 8 people: 10% per person
Booking and cancellation policy: Read here
We are pleased to present you our Good Environmental Practices and some travelling tips here.
Do not hesitate in contact us for any other information/details. We look forward to hear from you.